The Auto Body Collision Repair Estimate Process Explained
Always start at the beginning of the process, which is at the scene of the accident.
- Exchange information – name, license, registration and insurance
- Take clear photos for your records
– Remember no one can see behind the visible damage so guessing what’s there won’t help.
– The only time you know the extent of the damage is when the car is taken apart.
- Document the date and time.
Report your accident to your insurance company (before you receive an estimate). Insurance companies have standards for what should or should not be included in an estimate.
- Get a claim number
- Make sure you know your coverage
- Do you have rental insurance (if needed)
Allston Collision Center is available by telephone (617) 254-8200 or by submitting a web form.
- Let us know what happened
- Let us help get your car to our shop
– If you are able to drive or,
– Do you need a tow
- Upon arrival we will
– Ask for your insurance carrier and contact info
– Ask for your claim number
– Fill out our repair order
– Sign a DTP (Direction to Pay). This allows the insurance company to pay us directly, or
– You can pay us directly
- Lastly our staff will assist in getting you to your next stop
– Arrange a rental car
– Arrange a ride within a reasonable distance
Our staff is prepared to help. We are 3rd Generation collision repair specialists and are experienced in writing estimates, coordinating claims, and working with insurance companies.
- We work with all makes and models
- Estimates are always free
- We guarantee our work for as long as you own the vehicle
– Guarantee is in writing
Come and work with the best auto body shop in Boston. Allston Collision Center’s staff will make it as stress free as possible.
Allston Collision Center
The Auto Body Collision Repair Estimate Process Explained Always start at the beginning of the process, which is at the scene of the accident. Exchange information – name, license, registration and insurance Take clear photos for your records - Remember no one can see behind the visible damage so guessing what’s there won’t help. - [...]
420 Cambridge Street
Allston Collision Center is a family owned & operated Boston auto body shop, providing both automobile repair and auto collision repair services to the Greater Boston area. Allston Collision Center’s team offers 50+ years of combined experience in auto body repair and insurance negotiating, and they do some of the best auto body work in Boston.